Community

Eye on education

MARQUETTE — As the pandemic forces more students online, the lack of affordable broadband internet could cause lower performance of rural Michigan schoolchildren. “Students without internet access and low digital skills have substantially lower grade point averages,” said Keith Hampton, ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: I am dating this guy who’s married but separated. We’ve been doing this almost three years. I am just not feeling the love from him. Will he ever love me like I need to be loved? — Waiting on Him Dear Waiting: If you’ve been waiting three years, you’ll be waiting 300. I ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: My wife’s brother-in-law, “Mike,” is the family character, always quick with a quip, just a fun-loving guy, seemingly without a care in the world. He has a few flaws, which are mostly tied to his excessive drinking, but they have always been overlooked, because, well, that’s ...

Dear Annie

Dear Readers: A great many of you wrote in with wonderful suggestions for the father and stressed-out grandma who are having trouble with his ex-wife because she is making visitation with the kids difficult if not impossible. Thank you for your recommendations. I hope they allow the ...

Consumer advocacy

LANSING — The COVID-19 pandemic has revealed preexisting energy justice crises such as costly utility bills and the dangers of energy pollution, which may not have gained attention otherwise, according to a recent study. The study, “The Energy Crises Revealed by COVID: Intersections of ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: My husband is in the high-risk category for catching COVID-19, and we have lost family and friends due to the disease. The issue is that we love seeing our grandchildren, but some people in our families view the pandemic as a “hoax” and are lax about following safety ...