Community

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: My boyfriend follows more than 3,000 people on Instagram. And almost all of them are women. It didn’t bother me when we first started dating, because I figured that now that he had a girlfriend, he’d stop investing so much time in looking at women. A few months into our ...

At Michigan Tech

HOUGHTON — Tuesday, Sept. 22, is National Voter Registration Day when thousands of national, state and local organizations and volunteers will participate in a massive voter registration effort. Once again, Michigan Technological University is taking part in this national event. Michigan ...

Dear Annie: Hosting vacationers vs. visitors

Dear Annie: My husband and I are 77 years old. Our lake home has four bedrooms and plenty of space for family visits. During the summer, the family knows they have to make “reservations” to visit. Sometimes, we will have seven immediate family members here, and once we had 18 nephews and ...

MSP offers new transparency website, creates council

LANSING — Michigan State Police Director Col. Joe Gasper announced the creation of www.michigan.gov/MSPtransparency, a new Transparency and Accountability webpage that provides the public with easy access to information about the administration and operation of the MSP. Information ...

Lower Menominee River delisted after remediation

MENOMINEE — After a 35-year collaborative restoration effort, the Lower Menominee River has been removed from the list of Great Lakes Areas of Concern, the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Wisconsin Department of Natural ...

Lonely, mourning as husband doesn’t help

Dear Annie: I had two brothers die within a year of each other. One was 53, and the other was 62. They were my only remaining siblings. They resided in Ohio, and I live in Arizona. I had to plan both funerals by myself and clean out and sell whatever I could of their homes and possessions. ...