Community

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: I have a friend who is of Pentecostal faith while I’m of Catholic faith. She monopolizes the conversation on her religion and doesn’t allow me to talk. I hate being preached to, and she has nothing else that interests her but reading her Bible and preaching. She complains ...

Consumer advocacy

MARQUETTE — Safety advocates want to put more children in car seats under proposed legislation that has been stalled for years. Last year, 4,544 children ages 14 and under were injured in Michigan traffic accidents, according to the Department of State Police. Of those, 43 died. Car ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: My wife and I have just celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary. Two years ago, she decided to become a vegan for moral and dietary reasons. I respect her greatly for that, though I didn’t love constantly hearing about it. I have also adopted many of the same eating habits, but I ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: As we live in an electronically connected world, there is a downside that bothers me. I have had a couple of friends die and their Facebook and LinkedIn accounts have remained active. On their birthdays, I receive notifications. I find it creepy. In my mind, LinkedIn is for ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: My adult daughter, who lives in a southern state with a notoriously high incidence of the coronavirus cases, informed us she would be bringing her boyfriend to our home when she visits us at Christmas. I’ve never met this gentleman and do not know his personal or social habits. My ...

Dear Annie: Changing minds and dealing with split checks

Dear Annie: I liked your response to “MYOB” and “Freedom Lover” on the subject of reporting to authorities one’s neighbors for allowing their children to play together during COVID-19 times. You taught a much-needed lesson in admitting you were wrong and that sometimes you have to ...