Community

Dear Annie: The only way back from cheating is through truth

Dear Annie: I met the man of my dreams about two years ago. He showed me what it felt like to be loved by a man for the first time. I was the happiest I had ever been — until about six months ago. I caught him in a hotel with another woman. She came out first and tried to make me believe he ...

Dear Annie: Stop enabling sister

Dear Annie: My sister, “Nancy,” had COVID-19 back in March and ended up spending three months in the hospital. However, before she became ill, she was evicted because of her youngest son’s drug habit. The landlord knew he was using drugs and wanted him gone. Nancy refused to make her son ...

Dear Annie: Crossing the political divide

Dear Annie: I’m having some issues with a friend.We are polar opposites politically, and it is now causing problems. I dislike one side, which happens to be her side — and she dislikes the other, which happens to be mine. I read many sources of news, including from overseas, and don’t ...

Dear Annie: Spending summer vacations with family

Dear Annie: I have been struggling with an issue for a while and need some perspective. My son married a truly wonderful woman, and they now have two sons under the age of 6, whom my husband and I adore. They live in another state, about a 12-hour drive or an one-hour flight from us, and we try ...

TruNorth offers grant program

MARQUETTE — The Board of Directors of TruNorth Federal Credit Union — an unpaid group of volunteer members — announces that the TruNorth Community Grant Program is now available for 2020. The winning applicant could be awarded up to $10,000. “Our Board of Directors initiated this ...