Community

Superiorland Woodturners to meet

MARQUETTE — The Superiorland Woodturners Club will meet at 7 p.m. today at the Peter White Public Library. The demonstration will be on “Things in the Kitchen” which include scoops, rolling pins, and a few other utensils. Several club members will talk about items they have made. The ...

Audubon to present program

MARQUETTE — On Wednesday, the Laughing Whitefish Audubon Society will present a program called “Evaluation of West Nile Virus on the Survival and Reproduction of Loons in the U.P.” by Carly Paget. The presentation will take place at 7 p.m. in the Community Room of Peter White Public ...

The calendar

EDITOR’S NOTE: Information for the Community Calendar should be submitted in writing, including the phone number of a contact person, no later than one week before the event. Mail to The Mining Journal, Attention: Newsroom/Community Calendar, Box 430, Marquette, MI 49855; fax to 906-228-2617; ...

Bulletin

NAMI to meet tonight MARQUETTE — The National Alliance on Mental Illness-Alger/Marquette offers free, confidential peer support groups and educational meetings for individuals living with mental illness, and friends or families living with an individual with mental illness. A support group ...

Dear Annie: Compassion for father-daughter relationship

Dear Annie: I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for a year and a half. We are both divorced. He’s in his late 50s, and I’m in my late 60s. His daughter is in her early 20s. When she’s with us and there’s a conversation, she will talk directly to her father with an occasional ...

Bulletin Board

‘Kickathon’ benefit event planned MARQUETTE —The Spirit Warrior Karate Academy is holding a “Kickathon” to benefit Room At The Inn Homeless Shelter and Warming Center. During Valentines Week, the Tang Soo Do karate students will be performing hundreds of kicks each, for a ...