Community

TruNorth offers grant program

MARQUETTE — The Board of Directors of TruNorth Federal Credit Union — an unpaid group of volunteer members — announces that the TruNorth Community Grant Program is now available for 2020. The winning applicant could be awarded up to $10,000. “Our Board of Directors initiated this ...

New at Peter White Public Library

One of my favorite book trends is non-fiction. Publishing is such a reflection of our current state of affairs, and right now I had no trouble finding several titles of interest! If you’re interested in checking out any of these titles, place them on hold using our online catalog then ...

At the DNR

MARQUETTE — Registration for this year’s Michigan Inland Lakes Convention – taking place virtually Sept. 16-18 — is open through Sept. 11, according to a Michigan Department of Natural Resources press release. “The virtual setting is a safe way to enable participation from all who ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: I met this guy, “Bill,” through work. We hit it off. He’d told me he was single. Later, I found out through a mutual colleague that Bill had a girlfriend, “Julie,” a divorced lady with two kids, but he wouldn’t be able to marry her because his family wouldn’t approve ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: I’ve been with “Robby” for three years. I just moved in with him a few weeks ago, and I’ve been discovering some unpleasant surprises while using his computer. First, I found some racy photos saved on his hard drive. Then, I saw in his browser history that he’d been on ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: I am 68 years old and have been married to my husband for 44 years, and we have two children and three grandchildren. Our son has the three grandchildren, and he is close to the final decree of divorce from his wife of 13 years. I have always tried to allow our children to live ...