Community

Bulletin Board

Course on balance to be offered MARQUETTE — Are you interested in working with the 55+ population or others who have concerns about falling? Michigan State University Extension has an opportunity to support the training of MSU Extension staff, community members, and partners in an evidence ...

Looking for love

Dear Annie: I am a 64-year-old woman. Trying to date seems more difficult as I get older. Seems like most men only want one thing or younger women. I have tried online dating sites with not much luck. I live in a small town, and there aren’t many single men. Do you have any suggestions on ...

The Calendar

EDITOR’S NOTE: Information for the Community Calendar should be submitted in writing, including the phone number of a contact person, no later than one week before the event. Mail to The Mining Journal, Attention: Newsroom/Community Calendar, Box 430, Marquette, MI 49855; fax to 906-228-2617; ...

Bulletin Board

Party to be held after MSO concert MARQUETTE — Pine Mountain Music Festival will host a party following the Marquette Symphony Orchestra Concert on Saturday. The party will preview the exciting 30th anniversary Pine Mountain season and will be from 5-7 p.m. Saturday at 2600 W. Grove ...

Co-worker can’t take eyes off clock

Dear Annie: I’ve had my current job for four years. I work at a small company of about 20 employees. My co-worker, “Beth,” has been here about a year longer than me. She joined my department about six months ago. One thing I appreciate about my department is our work-life balance. We care ...

The calendar

EDITOR’S NOTE: Information for the Community Calendar should be submitted in writing, including the phone number of a contact person, no later than one week before the event. Mail to The Mining Journal, Attention: Newsroom/Community Calendar, Box 430, Marquette, MI 49855; fax to 906-228-2617; ...