Community

At the DNR

SAULT STE. MARIE — The East Marble Head Trail Route on Drummond Island will be closed for the next couple of weeks for the safety of route users and loggers. Earlier this month, Michigan Department of Natural Resources trail officials asked riders using the route to use extra caution, ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: My wife and I are a retired elderly couple living in a ranch-style home. Over the last four years, my wife has had some health issues and is limited in what she can do. I have been more or less a caregiver, doing all the chores around the house, such as cleaning, washing clothes, ...

At the DNR

August is tree check month. You can help protect Michigan’s trees while you’re enjoying the outdoors. Look for and report any signs of the Asian longhorned beetle, an invasive pest that could harm our environment and economy. While the beetle hasn’t been detected in Michigan, finding ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: I am a 27-year-old man who needs help. Recently, I met a guy via the internet. We hit it off and have a lot in common. In addition, he lives in the same state that I do. I’ve seen pictures of him, so I know what he looks like. He even gave me his phone number. I want to call him ...

COVID-19 response

STRASBURG, Va. — Recent changes to a federal forgivable loan program intended to help small businesses weather the COVID-19 pandemic have been welcomed by some owners but may have come too late for others. Passed by the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives and signed into law by ...

‘The Wicked Sister’ discussion

MARQUETTE — Join Karen Dionne for a book club discussion of her newest novel, “The Wicked Sister,” at 2 p.m. Friday via Zoom, hosted by the Peter White Public Library. “The Wicked Sister,” set in the Upper Peninsula, takes a look at mental illness and psychopathy. Believing that she ...