Community

Dear Annie: Stop building that wall of resentment

Dear Annie: My wife and I are in our late 70s. We have two grown daughters. Twenty years ago, we retired and moved a few states to be closer to our older daughter, “Melissa,” and her children. Our younger daughter, “Allie,” lives back in our hometown. (She chose not to have kids.) Now, ...

U.P. residents appointed to state councils

LANSING, Mich. - Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Friday announced the following appointments of Upper Peninsula residents to a government council: Michigan Developmental Disabilities Council Daniel A. Paul, of Escanaba, is the president of Delta County Regional Inclusive Community Committee and the ...

Dear Annie: Time to decide: Stay or go?

Dear Annie: Almost four years ago, I had a double mastectomy, and five months prior to that, a complete hysterectomy! Over time, I have had 19 surgeries. Needless to say, I haven’t felt very good about myself. In fact, I’ve felt pretty low more times than I can count. Then I found out ...

October youth offerings at PWPL

MARQUETTE — Peter White Public Library has announced its October youth offerings: Thursday, Oct. 1: Take & Make Kit Pickup 4-6 p.m. Peter White Public Library parking lot, under the white tent. Make a Jack-o-Lantern Jar with our October Take & Make Activity Kits. For youth ages ...

Dear Annie: Friend keeps going back for more

Dear Annie: Recently, an old friend got back in touch with me. He had gotten a divorce, and I wanted to be a friend to him because he was going through a lot of grieving. His ex-wife had alcohol issues and was abusing her bipolar medication. She also, prior to their marriage falling apart, got ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: I have been married to my husband for 10 years, and we’ve been together for 12 years. I love this guy, but his hygiene is atrocious. I admit that he was like this before we married, but I thought I could change this habit. My mistake. We’ve had endless discussions about this, ...