Community

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: Many of the letters to you complain of ungrateful children and adults who don’t send thank-you’s, don’t call, or who are otherwise ungrateful. Too often, children (aka future adults) are taught to be takers, not givers, so they don’t build habits of giving, giving back, or ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: My sister-in-law of more than 40 years has again done something that I feel is disrespectful. She has taken one of my granddaughters under her wing. What’s wrong with that? A few years ago, our then-21-year-old granddaughter moved in with us to save money. We gave her three ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: I have close friends who in the past few years have gravitated to both the far left and far right of the sociopolitical spectrum. It has made it hard on both my wife and me, as we sit somewhere in the middle. Today’s environment does not seem to allow for compromise or ...

U.P. Diabetes Outreach Network available

MARQUETTE — Since COVID-19 started, are you having trouble taking care of yourself? Have you gained weight, found yourself frequently eating junk food and sitting in front of the TV or computer? This can be harmful if you have diabetes, kidney disease, heart problems, a physical disability, ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: I have been married for over 20 years to a woman who has been a good mom, but not a woman I am in love with. I care about her tremendously, but I have lost all interest in her romantically. She refuses to work to help with the rising cost of living and impending college tuition ...

Dear Annie: Lost intimacy

Dear Annie: My wife and I have been married coming on 19 years. We have two kids. Since we had children, she never seems to want to be intimate with me — so much so that she went to her general doctor for some help. That was three years ago. She finally figured things out and determined ...