Community

Together

MARQUETTE — Ron and Iris Katers are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday, June 13. Ron Katers and Iris (Gilson) Katers exchanged wedding vows Saturday, June 13, 1970, at Nativity of Our Lord Catholic Church in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Ron is an active business owner based ...

Class of 2020: MAHS graduating class is 31 strong

Marquette Alternative High School Mascot: Eagles Number of grades in school: 9th - 12th Student body enrollment: 117 Number of seniors: 31 Class Flower: Silver Carnation Class Colors: Blue & Silver

Class of 2020: The graduates: MAHS

Marquette Alternative High School Class of 2020 Ethan Anderson Thomas Babcock Megan Baldwin-Rankin Samuel Ball Erik Becker Kya Beltran Dayton Benish Colin Bradley Emma Bradley Hallee Fox Ava Gillespie Asher Guston Emily Hage Cassidy Heikkila Alena Johnson Lukas ...

Class of 2020: 3 graduate in 2020 from Burt Township School

Burt Township School Polar Bears Enrollment (K-12) 31 Seniors: 3 Class flower: White Rose Navy and Gold “Hit the Lights” Selena Gomez “It’s not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me.” Batman Class adviser: Louis Justman

Dear Annie: The three C’s for a COVID-19 relationship

Dear Annie: I am a college student who has been dating a girl for about two months. She’s from out of town but lives in the same city as me. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, she has been more isolated than usual. She has a roommate but otherwise feels lonely. I spend as much time with her as ...

PWPL youth activities schedule

The Peter White Public Library in Marquette has announced its schedule for youth activities: Peter White Public Library Summer Reading Kids Read. Drive-up Registration Monday, June 15, Tuesday, June 16, Wednesday, June 17. 9-11a.m. and 5-7p.m. Graveraet and Cherry Creek Elementary School ...

Dear Annie: Give what you want

Dear Annie: I have a question on how to handle gift giving among extended family. We are over age 60, and my husband feels very strongly that adults can buy whatever they want, and there is no need to send a gift. This is our second marriage. We both lost our spouses to cancer. I like to ...

Dear Annie: Should he keep diary detailing troubled past?

Dear Annie: I am a 71-year-old husband, father and grandfather. I have a wonderful wife, five children (three are step-children), and grandchildren whom I love very much. However, in my distant past were some very dark and hurtful times. They involved a divorce, an estranged daughter due to the ...

Dear Annie: Geri is not the best

Dear Annie: I work with a woman who, for some reason, is absolutely desperate to hoard all the work, all day, every day. “Geri” answers the phone on a half a ring. If something comes out of the fax, then she will run to get it before anyone else can. If you tell her that you’re handling ...

Dear Annie: Happiness takes work, not quick fixes

Dear Annie: My husband and I have been married for 43 years. I have a good life, or so I thought. I recently found out that he has had an affair. When I asked him about it, he told me that it was only for eight months. And he said the reason was because I would not initiate sex. Ha, that is a ...

Gwinn High to graduate 45 in June 26 ceremony

Gwinn Middle High School Nickname: Modeltowners Mascot: Tiger Total student body: 250 (9-12) Number of seniors: 45 Number of Faculty: 23 Commencement at Gwinn Area Community Schools High School on Friday, June 26 Speaker(s): Leila Heinzel (guest speaker), Zaida Pearson ...

The graduates: Gwinn

Gwinn High School Class of 2020: Caleb Anderson Samantha Beisner Bryan Bleckler Raina Bowling Trinity Breault Blaine Bridges Emily Curtice Marissa Delmont Elizabeth Diercks Martina Hedlund Keira Herman Analise Hoevker Raina Humphrey Leila Jaco Nicholas ...

Wallace, Corinth, Seitz top graduates at Newberry

Jared Wallace and Carlee Corinth are the valedictorians and Julia Seitz is the salutatorian for the Newberry High School Class of 2020. Jared plans to earn a surveying engineering degree from Ferris State University. His favorite class was World History with Mr. Griffis. Carlee is going to ...

The graduates: Newberry

Newberry High School Class of 2020 Jasmine Marie Allen Lance Christopher Bowler Steven Ray Brown Carlee Ann Corinth Mickenzie Bethany Davis Cameron Brock Depew Ambriah Layne Ducsay Keltin James Dunbar Elena Christine Edwards Loren Daniel Fountain Madison Raeann ...

Vaughn, McArthur top Engadine scholars

Valedictorian Sophia Vaughn Parents’ Names: Ty Vaughn & Koreen Troyer School activities: Basketball, Volleyball, student Government, Key Club Honors or awards: All Conference in Basketball & Volleyball, All UP in basketball, Scholar Athlete, Academic Excellence Plans for ...

The graduates: Engadine

Engadine Consolidated Schools Class of 2020 Steven Burton Emma Butkovich Rebecca Cameron Shauna Chaffin Mary Jane Cobe Avery Dailey Hunter Dennis Drew Frazier Caleb Gehrett Haley Goodin Kyle Gould Khloe Hopper Alicia King Isabella Kopsi Andrew Legault Trenton ...

10 graduate as R-M Class of 2020

Class President: Tailyn Raisanen Class VP: Lacie Marek Secretary: Anna Laakso Treasurer: Jay Fetters Student Council Representatives: Rachel Mattila and Judah Oakly Valedictorian: Anna Laakso Salutatorian: Heron Dyer Colors: White and Lilac Song: “Memories,” by Maroon ...

The graduates: Republic-Michigamme

Republic-Michigamme Class of 2020 Jarred James Boshears Kolin Lester Conklin *Heron Ivy Dyer Jay Brooks Fetters Jr. *Anna Sophia Laakso *Lacie Jo Marek Rachel Dawn Mattila Judah Martin Oakley *Tailyn Marie Raisanen Joshua Shumate * – Graduating with Honors

The graduates: Ishpeming-Negaunee-NICE Adult Education’s Community Schools

Ishpeming-Negaunee-NICE Adult Education’s Community Schools Director Bill Hartman and Principal Jason Houle, along with several very talented teachers, have taken on the special task this year of providing the education needed, along with support for their students to help this Class of 2020 ...