Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, a chance of showers in the evening, then a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 48. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Highs around 69 inland to around 63 at the shore. Light winds becoming north 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 40 percent. Tuesday night, a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows around 45. Light winds.

Extended forecast: Wednesday, partly cloudy. Highs around 69 inland to around 62 at the shore. Light winds. Wednesday night and Thursday, partly cloudy. Lows around 45. Highs around 69 inland to around 63 at the shore. Thursday night and Friday, mostly cloudy. Lows around 47. Highs around 72 inland to around 65 at the shore. Friday night, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows around 49. Saturday, mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs around 74 inland to around 68 at the shore. Chance of rain 40 percent. Saturday night and Sunday, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows around 51. Highs around 74.

Lake Superior: Tonight, southeast wind less than 10 knots. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain showers in the evening, then a chance of rain showers after midnight. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Tuesday, north wind less than 10 knots. Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain showers through early afternoon, then a slight chance of rain showers by mid afternoon. Waves calm to 1 foot. Tuesday night, variable wind less than 10 knots. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain showers after midnight. Waves calm to 1 foot.

Temperatures: The average temperature Sunday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 52 degrees, 9 degrees below normal. The high Sunday was 62 degrees and the overnight low was 41 degrees.

Precipitation: Sunday, none. Year to date, 23.09 inches. Normal to date, 15.24 inches.

Sunset: 9:46 this evening

Sunrise: 5:57 a.m. Tuesday.