×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, clear. Lows around 48. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Friday, showers likely in the morning, then showers likely and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 65. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Friday night, showers likely in the evening, then a chance of showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 47. North winds 5 to 10 mph with gusts to around 25 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Extended forecast:Saturday, partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs around 64 inland to around 58 at the shore. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday night, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers. Lows around 43. Sunday, a chance of showers in the morning. Mostly cloudy. Highs 60 to 65. Chance of rain 30 percent. Sunday night through Tuesday, mostly clear. Lows around 45. Highs 69 to 74 inland to around 63 at the shore. Tuesday night, a chance of showers overnight. Partly cloudy. Lows around 48. Chance of rain 30 percent. Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs around 70. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Lake Superior: Tonight, west wind less than 10 knots backing southwest 5 to 15 knots after midnight. Clear. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Friday, southwest wind 10 to 15 knots backing south by mid afternoon. Showers likely through early afternoon, then showers likely and a slight chance of thunderstorms by mid afternoon. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Friday night, west wind less than 10 knots veering northwest after midnight. Gusts up to 19 knots. Rain showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms through midnight, then rain showers likely after midnight. Waves 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Wednesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 51 degrees, 9 degrees below normal. The high Wednesday was 54 degrees and the overnight low was 47 degrees.

Precipitation: Wednesday, .18 inches. Year to date, 23.09 inches. Normal to date, 14.87 inches.

Sunset: 9:44 this evening

Sunrise: 5:57 a.m. Friday.