×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, cooler. Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers in the morning, then sunny in the afternoon. Highs 70 to 75. North winds 10 to 20 mph. Tonight, clear. Lows 51 to 56 inland to around 61 at the shore. West winds 5 to 10 mph becoming light overnight. Friday, warmer. A slight chance of showers in the morning, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 82. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent. Friday night, a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Mostly clear. Lows around 55. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Saturday, sunny. Highs 75 to 80. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday night, clear. Lows 51 to 56. Sunday, warm. Mostly sunny. Highs around 84. Sunday night and Monday, very warm. Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows around 62. Highs around 88. Monday night and Tuesday, very warm. Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows around 66. Highs around 89. Tuesday night, a chance of showers overnight. Partly cloudy. Lows around 61. Chance of rain 30 percent. Wednesday, very warm. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 85 inland to around 79 at the shore. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Lake Superior: Small craft advisory in effect until 8 this evening. Early this morning, northwest wind 15 to 20 knots. Cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Waves 2 to 3 feet building to 2 to 4 feet. Today, northwest wind 10 to 20 knots. Cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the morning, then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Waves building to 3 to 6 feet occasionally to 8 feet, then subsiding to 2 to 3 feet. Tonight, west wind less than 10 knots backing southwest after midnight. Clear. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Friday, southwest wind less than 10 knots veering northwest by mid afternoon. Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers through early afternoon, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms by mid afternoon. Waves calm to 1 foot. Friday night, northwest wind less than 10 knots. Mostly clear. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms through midnight. Waves building to 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Wednesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 75 degrees, 9 degrees above normal. The high Wednesday was 88 degrees and the overnight low was 61 degrees.

Precipitation: Wednesday, 0.34 inches. Year to date, 25.08 inches. Normal to date, 17.37 inches.

Sunset: 9:43 this evening

Sunrise: 6:09 a.m. Friday.