Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, very warm. Mostly sunny with a slight chance of showers in the morning, then mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce damaging winds and large hail in the afternoon. Highs around 85. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent. Tonight, a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening, then a chance of showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 54. West winds 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest overnight. Chance of rain 40 percent. Thursday, cooler. Partly cloudy in the morning then clearing. Highs 66 to 71. North winds 5 to 15 mph. Thursday night, clear. Lows 49 to 54. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Friday, warm. A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Highs around 84. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Friday night, a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Mostly clear. Lows around 57. Saturday and Saturday night, clear. Highs around 78 inland to around 72 at the shore. Lows 52 to 57. Sunday and Sunday night, mostly clear. Highs around 82. Lows around 60. Monday, very warm. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 86. Monday night, partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows around 64. Tuesday, very warm. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 88. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Lake Superior: Early this morning, south wind 10 to 15 knots. Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Today, south wind 5 to 15 knots veering northwest less than 10 knots late. Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may be severe with damaging winds and large hail in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce damaging winds and large hail late. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Tonight, variable wind less than 10 knots becoming west 5 to 15 knots after midnight, then veering northwest 15 to 20 knots late. Cloudy. A slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening. A slight chance of showers through midnight, then a chance of showers late. Waves building to 2 to 4 feet. Thursday, northwest wind 10 to 20 knots. Mostly cloudy through early afternoon then clearing. Patchy fog through early afternoon. Waves building to 3 to 5 feet occasionally to 7 feet, then subsiding to 2 to 4 feet. Thursday night, northwest wind less than 10 knots backing west after midnight. Mostly clear. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Tuesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 70 degrees, 4 degrees above normal. The high Tuesday was 80 degrees and the overnight low was 59 degrees.

Precipitation: Tuesday, none. Year to date, 24.74 inches. Normal to date, 17.29 inches.

Sunset: 9:43 this evening

Sunrise: 6:08 a.m. Thursday.