Quotes and jokes to get new year started
As we enter into the New Year of 2018, I sincerely wish all of you a most blessed and happy new year.
As we all know, laughter truly is good medicine, so let’s try to get our new year started with a few healthy laughs and I am sure there will be some groans as well.
Please also review my favorite quotes about our attitude that perhaps could suggest some New Year’s resolutions for all of us.
– New Year’s can be briefly defined as: “In one year and out the other.”
– An optimist is excited to stay up until midnight to bring in the New Year. A pessimist stays up until midnight to make sure the old year leaves.
– One good New Year’s Resolution for many of us would be to have all the Christmas lights taken down by Easter.
– Following is the true definition of a wine hangover on New Year’s Day. The wrath of grapes!
– One popular New Year’s Resolution is to not hang out with people who ask you about your New Year’s Resolutions.
Please review the following attitude quotes to think about for the New Year.
– “A bad attitude is like a flat tire. You can’t go anywhere until you change it.” — Author Unknown
– “It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” — William James
– “You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” — Brian Tracy
– “Our personal attitude is a choice. It is often the most important choice we make every day.” –Hal Urban
– “People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude.” John C. Maxwell
– “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” — Norman Vincent Peale
– “The way you see things – your attitude – is the most important factor in your success.” –Zig Ziglar
– “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” — Lou Holtz
– “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” — Charlie Daniels
For the year of 2018, let me very sincerely wish for you to have 12 months of happiness with family and friends, 52 weeks of helping others, 365 days of personal success, 8,760 hours of a positive attitude, 525,600 minutes of respecting yourself and others, and 31,536,000 seconds of being your own best friend.
Happy New Year to you and to all your family and friends. May any troubles you have in the new year last only as long as your New Year’s resolutions!
EDITOR’S NOTE: Dr. Jim Surrell is the author of “The ABC’s For Success In All We Do” and the “SOS (Stop Only Sugar) Diet” books. Requests for health topics for this column are encouraged. Contact Dr. Surrell by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.