×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 26. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Tonight, a chance of snow showers in the evening, then a slight chance of snow showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows 12 to 17. Light winds. Chance of snow 50 percent.

Extended forecast: Sunday, partly cloudy in the morning then becoming cloudy. Highs around 26. South winds 5 to 10 mph with gusts to around 25 mph. Sunday night, cloudy. Lows around 20. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Monday, mostly cloudy. Highs around 30. Monday night, a chance of snow showers in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Lows 7 to 12 above. Chance of snow 30 percent. Tuesday, colder. A chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs 16 to 21. Chance of snow 50 percent. Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 8 to 13 above. Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Highs 17 to 22. Wednesday night, mostly cloudy. Lows 7 to 12 above. Thursday and Thursday night, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 23. Lows 11 to 16. Friday, a chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 28. Chance of snow 30 percent.

Lake Superior: Today, east wind less than 10 knots backing north in the afternoon. Cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Tonight, north wind less than 10 knots backing northwest 10 to 15 knots after midnight. Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Waves building to 2 to 3 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Friday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 17 degrees, 3 degrees below normal. The high Friday was 19 degrees and the overnight low was 14 degrees.

Precipitation: Friday, 0.1 inches. Year to date, 26.94 inches. Normal to date, 35.57 inches.

Snowfall: Friday, .3 inches. Season to date, 45.0 inches. Normal to date, 50.9 inches.

Sunset: 5:04 this evening.

Sunrise: 8:31 a.m. Sunday

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper *
   

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today