Marquette and vicinity: Today, much cooler. Scattered showers in the morning, then isolated showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 60. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Tonight, partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Lows around 42 inland to around 48 at the shore. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday, mostly sunny. Highs around 58. North winds 5 to 15 mph. Wednesday night, clear. Lows 36 to 41 inland to around 44 at the shore. Light winds.
Extended forecast: Thursday, a 30 percent chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Highs around 61. Thursday night and Friday, partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers. Lows around 43 inland to around 49 at the shore. Highs 62 to 67. Friday night and Saturday, partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Lows around 40 inland to around 47 at the shore. Highs around 61. Saturday night through Monday, mostly clear. Lows 42 to 47 inland to around 49 at the shore. Highs around 66.
Lake Superior: Today, northwest wind 20 to 25 knots. Gusts up to 33 knots. Mostly cloudy with isolated showers. Waves building to 7 to 10 feet occasionally to 13 feet, then subsiding to 6 to 9 feet occasionally to 11 feet. Tuesday night, north wind 15 to 20 knots. Mostly cloudy through midnight then becoming partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers. Waves subsiding to 3 to 5 feet occasionally to 7 feet. Wednesday, north wind 10 to 15 knots. Mostly sunny. Waves subsiding to 2 to 3 feet.
Temperatures: The average temperature Monday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 70 degrees, 15 degrees above normal. The high Monday was 77 degrees and the overnight low was 63 degrees.
Precipitation: Monday, 0.11 inch. Year to date, 19.71 inches. Normal to date, 25.76 inches.
Sunset: 7:49 this evening.
Sunrise: 7:37 a.m. Wednesday.