Marquette and vicinity: Today, Sunny. Hwwighs around 68. Light winds becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Tonight, clear. Lows 48 to 53. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday and Sunday night, warmer, clear. Highs around 80. Lows 59 to 64. South winds 5 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Monday, mostly sunny. Highs around 81. Monday night, showers likely. Lows around 56. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Extended forecast: Tuesday, cooler. Mostly cloudy with showers likely. Highs 64 to 69. Chance of rain 60 percent. Tuesday night, chance of rain showers in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Lows 42 to 47. Chance of rain 40 percent. Wednesday, a chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs 54 to 59. Chance of rain 30 percent. Wednesday night and Thursday, mostly clear. Lows around 38 inland to around 44 at the shore. Highs around 61.

Thursday night and Friday, partly cloudy. Lows 44 to 49. Highs

around 66.

Lake Superior: Today, variable wind less than 10 knots becoming northeast less than 10 knots in the afternoon, then veering east late. Sunny. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Tonight, south wind 10 to 15 knots. Clear. Waves building to 1 to 2 feet. Sundays, south wind 15 to 20 knots. Sunny. Waves building to 2 to 3 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Friday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 56 degrees, 11 degrees below normal. The high Friday was 72 degrees and the overnight low was 61 degrees.

Precipitation: Friday, none. Year to date, 19.60 inches. Normal to date, 25.35 inches.

Sunset: 7:55 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:33 a.m. Sunday.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper *

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today