×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, a chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11 a.m., then a slight chance of showers between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Patchy fog before 1 p.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Tonight, a 30% chance of showers, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. East wind around 5 mph. Thursday, a 40% chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.

Thursday night, a 40% chance of showers, mainly before 3 .am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Southeast wind around 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Friday, a 40% chance of showers after 9 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52. Friday night, a 40% chance of showers before 9 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Saturday, partly sunny, with a high near 52. Saturday night, mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Sunday, mostly cloudy, with a high near 49.

Sunday night, mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Monday, a chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 47. Monday night, a chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Tuesday, a chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 43.

Lake Superior: Today, east wind less than 10 knots. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain showers in the morning. Patchy fog in the morning. Waves building to 1 to 2 feet. Tonight, southeast wind less than 10 knots. Partly cloudy through midnight then becoming cloudy. A chance of rain showers. Waves 1 to 2 feet.

Thursday, southeast wind 5 to 15 knots. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain showers through early afternoon, then a chance of rain showers by mid afternoon. Waves building to 2 to 3 feet, then subsiding to 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Tuesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 60 degrees, 27 degrees above normal. The high Tuesday was 71 degrees and the overnight low was 48 degrees.

Precipitation: Tuesday, .03 inch. Year to date, 5.62 inches. Normal to date, 8.22 inches.

Snowfall: Tuesday, none. Season to date, 104.5 inches. Normal to date, 191.8 inches.

Sunset: 8:28 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:16 a.m. Thursday.

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

Starting at $4.75/week.

Subscribe Today