×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, partly cloudy in the morning then clearing. Highs around 36. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph becoming north 10 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Tonight, clear. Lows 13 to 18 inland to around 21 at the shore. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Friday and Friday night, warmer, clear. Highs around 47. Lows 25 to 30. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday, sunny. Highs around 53. Saturday night, mostly clear. Lows 32 to 37. Sunday, mostly cloudy. Highs around 54. Sunday night, cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Lows around 37. Monday, mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Highs around 49. Monday night, a chance of rain showers. Cloudy. Lows around 33. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Tuesday, a chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow in the morning, then a chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 47. Chance of precipitation 50 percent. Tuesday night, cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain showers. Lows around 35. Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers. Highs around 47.

Lake Superior: Today, NNE wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 5 to 6 ft. Tonight, NNE wind 5 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Waves 2 to 4 ft. Friday, variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Waves around 1 ft. Friday night, SSW wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Waves around 1 ft. Saturday, SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Waves around 1 ft. Saturday night, S wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly clear. Waves around 2 ft. Sunday, S wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves around 2 ft.

Temperatures: The average temperature at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township Wednesday was 36 degrees, 24 degrees above normal. The high Monday was 42 degrees and the overnight low was 29 degrees.

Precipitation: Trace. Year to date, 4.57 inches. Normal to date, 6.17 inches.

Snowfall: Trace. Season to date, 97.3 inches. Normal to date, 173.9 inches.

Sunset: 8 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:56 a.m. Friday

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

Starting at $4.75/week.

Subscribe Today