×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tuesday, mostly sunny in the morning, then mostly cloudy with showers likely in the afternoon. Highs around 61. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with rain showers likely in the evening, then partly cloudy with a chance of rain showers overnight. Lows 43 to 48. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph becoming west 10 to 20 mph overnight. Chance of rain 70 percent. Wednesday, a chance of rain showers in the morning, then a slight chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 54. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Wednesday night, mostly clear. Lows around 37 inland to around 43 at the shore. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Thursday, mostly sunny. Highs around 55. Thursday night and Friday, warmer. Partly cloudy. Lows 39 to 44. Highs around 66. Friday night and Saturday, partly cloudy. Lows 45 to 50. Highs around 58. Saturday night and Sunday, mostly clear. Lows around 37 inland to around 43 at the shore. Highs around 57. Sunday night, partly cloudy. Lows 42 to 47. Columbus Day, a chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 61. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Lake Superior: Today, west winds 15 to 25 knots diminishing to 10 to 20 knots in the afternoon, then becoming southwest 5 to 15 knots late. Showers likely by mid afternoon. Waves subsiding to 1 to 3 feet. Tonight, south winds 10 to 20 knots becoming west 20 to 30 knots after midnight, then becoming northwest gales to 35 knots late. A chance of showers. Waves building to 6 to 9 feet occasionally to 11 feet. Wednesday, northwest winds 20 to 30 knots diminishing to 15 to 25 knots by mid afternoon. A slight chance of showers. Waves building to 7 to 10 feet occasionally to 13 feet, then subsiding to 4 to 7 feet occasionally to 9 feet. Wednesday night, northwest winds 15 to 25 knots diminishing to 10 to 20 knots after midnight. Waves subsiding to 1 to 3 feet. Thursday, northwest winds 10 to 20 knots backing west by mid afternoon. Waves subsiding to calm to 2 feet. Thursday night, south winds 5 to 15 knots increasing to 10 to 20 knots after midnight. Waves building to 2 to 4 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Monday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 48 degrees, which is 0 degrees below normal for the date. The high day was 60 degrees and the overnight low was 35 degrees.

Precipitation: Monday, none. Year to date, 36.17 inches. Normal to date, 26.77 inches.

Snowfall: Monday, none. Season to date, 0.8 inches. Normal to date, 0.6 inches.

Sunset: 7:19 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:57 a.m. Wednesday

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

Starting at $4.75/week.

Subscribe Today