×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, patchy fog in the morning. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 70. West winds 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of rain 30 percent. Tonight, showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the evening, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 55. South winds 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph overnight. Chance of rain 70 percent. Sunday and Sunday night, mostly cloudy. Highs around 67. Lows 44 to 49. West winds 5 to 15 mph.

Extended forecast: Monday, cooler. Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers. Highs around 57. Monday night, mostly cloudy. Lows 41 to 46. Tuesday and Tuesday night, cloudy with rain showers likely. Highs around 54. Lows 40 to 45. Chance of rain 60 percent. Wednesday, rain showers likely. Highs around 51. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Lake Superior: Today, northwest wind less than 10 knots veering east 5 to 15 knots by mid afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog through early afternoon. Isolated showers and thunderstorms by mid afternoon. Waves building to 1 to 2 feet. Tonight, southeast wind 10 to 15 knots veering southwest 10 to 20 knots after midnight. Cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Waves building to 2 to 3 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Friday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 64 degrees, 12 degrees above normal. The high Friday was 72 degrees and the overnight low was 56 degrees.

Precipitation: Friday, trace. Year to date, 33.23 inches. Normal to date, 25.41 inches.

Sunset: 7:39 this evening

Sunrise: 7:44 a.m. Sunday.

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

Starting at $4.75/week.

Subscribe Today