×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, partly cloudy. Highs around 70. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph becoming south 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 35 mph. Tonight, a 20 percent chance of showers in the evening. Partly cloudy. Lows 53 to 58. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Tuesday and Tuesday night, clear. Highs around 75. Lows 49 to 54. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Wednesday, a 30 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Highs around 75. Wednesday night, partly cloudy with a chance of showers. Lows around 51. Chance of rain 40 percent. Thursday, cooler. A chance of showers in the morning. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 62. Chance of rain 30 percent. Thursday night and Friday, partly cloudy. Lows 46 to 51. Highs around 70. Friday night, partly cloudy. Lows around 54. Saturday, a chance of showers in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 72. Chance of rain 30 percent. Saturday night and Sunday, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows around 52. Highs around 64.

Lake Superior: Today, south winds 20 to 30 knots with a few gale force gusts to 35 knots possible. A slight chance of showers. Waves building to 4 to 8 feet occasionally to 10 feet. Tonight, south winds 20 to 30 knots with a few gale force gusts to 35 knots possible, becoming southwest 15 to 25 knots after midnight, then diminishing to 10 to 20 knots late. A slight chance of showers through midnight. Waves subsiding to 3 to 5 feet occasionally to 7 feet. Tuesday, west winds 5 to 15 knots. Waves subsiding to calm to 2 feet. Tuesday night, south winds 5 to 15 knots. Waves calm to 2 feet. Wednesday, south winds 5 to 15 knots. A chance of showers. Waves calm to 2 feet. Wednesday night, west winds 10 to 20 knots veering north after midnight. A chance of showers. Waves building to 1 to 3 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Sunday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 56 degrees, 2 degrees above normal. The high Sunday was 66 degrees and the overnight low was 45 degrees.

Precipitation:

Sunday, none. Year to date, 33.19 inches. Normal to date, 24.73 inches.

Sunset: 7:49 this evening

Sunrise: 7:37 a.m. Tuesday.

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

Starting at $4.75/week.

Subscribe Today