×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Lakeshore flood warning in effect until 8 this evening, winter storm warning in effect until 2 this afternoon. Today, windy, colder. Snow showers in the morning, then partly cloudy with scattered snow showers in the afternoon. Blowing snow. Snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Highs around 22. Inland, north winds 20 to 30 mph. Near the shore, north winds 30 to 35 mph decreasing to 20 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow 100 percent. Tonight, mostly clear. A chance of flurries. Lows zero to 5 above inland to around 10 above at the shore. North winds 5 to 15 mph becoming light overnight. Saturday, partly cloudy. Highs around 29. Light winds. Saturday night, partly cloudy. Lows 12 to 17. Light winds.

Extended forecast: Sunday, a 20 percent chance of snow in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 35. South winds 5 to 15 mph. Sunday night, mostly cloudy. Lows 21 to 26 Monday and Monday night, partly cloudy. Highs around 41. Lows 24 to 29. Tuesday, a 30 percent chance of rain in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 43. Tuesday night, cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain and snow. Lows around 31. Wednesday, a chance of rain in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 45. Chance of rain 30 percent. Wednesday night, a chance of rain and snow in the evening, then snow, possibly mixed with rain overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 29. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Thursday, cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain and snow. Highs around 41.

Lake Superior: Gale warning in effect through this evening, heavy freezing spray warning in effect through this evening. Early this morning, north wind up to 30 knots with gale force gusts up to 43 knots. Snow showers. Freezing spray. Waves 7 to 10 feet occasionally to 13 feet building to 11 to 15 feet occasionally to 19 feet. Today, north wind up to 30 knots with gale force gusts up to 44 knots. Snow showers in the morning, then scattered snow showers in the afternoon. Heavy freezing spray through the day. Waves building to 15 to 20 feet occasionally to 25 feet, then subsiding to 9 to 12 feet occasionally to 15 feet. Tonight, north wind 10 to 20 knots. Mostly clear. Freezing spray through the night. A chance of flurries through the night. Waves subsiding to 2 to 4 feet. Saturday, variable wind less than 10 knots becoming southeast less than 10 knots by mid afternoon. Partly cloudy. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Saturday night, southeast wind less than 10 knots veering south after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves calm to 1 foot.

Temperatures: The average temperature Thursday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 32 degrees, 7 degrees above normal. The high Thursday was 35 degrees and the overnight low was 29 degrees.

Precipitation: Thursday, 0.57 inches. Year to date, 6.9 inches. Normal to date, 6.37 inches.

Snowfall: Thursday, 2.7 inches. Season to date, 175.9 inches. Normal to date, 176.1 inches.

Sunset: 8:04 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:50 a.m. Saturday

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)