×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, a chance of snow, possibly mixed with rain and freezing rain in the morning, then rain, possibly mixed with snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Minor ice accumulation possible. Highs around 36. South winds 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 100 percent. Tonight, breezy. Snow, possibly mixed with rain and freezing rain in the evening, then snow overnight. Areas of blowing snow overnight. Snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Minor ice accumulation possible. Lows around 19. North winds 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 40 mph overnight. Chance of precipitation 100 percent. Friday, windy, colder. Snow showers. Areas of blowing snow. Snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Highs 21 to 26. Inland, north winds 15 to 25 mph. Near the shore, north winds 30 to 35 mph decreasing to 20 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow

90 percent. Friday night, partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 6 to 11 above inland to around 17 at the shore. North winds 5 to 15 mph.

Extended forecast: Saturday, mostly cloudy. Highs around 28. Light winds. Saturday night and sunday, partly cloudy. Lows 9 to 14 above. Highs around 34. Sunday night, mostly cloudy. Lows 18 to 23. Monday, a chance of snow showers in the morning. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 39. Chance of snow 30 percent. Monday night, mostly cloudy. Lows around 27. Tuesday, cloudy. Highs around 41. Tuesday night, cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers, possibly mixed with rain. Lows around 31. Wednesday, a chance of rain and snow showers in the morning, then a chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs around 43. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Lake Superior: Early this morning, south wind less than 10 knots. Cloudy with a slight chance of rain and snow. Waves calm to 1 foot. Today, southeast wind 5 to 15 knots backing east less than 10 knots late. Rain possibly mixed with snow. Waves building to 1 to 2 feet. Tonight, northeast wind less than 10 knots backing north 10 to 20 knots after midnight, then increasing to up to 30 knots late.gale force gusts up to 41 knots. Snow possibly mixed with rain in the evening, then snow after midnight. Freezing spray late. Waves building to 9 to 12 feet occasionally to 15 feet. Friday, north wind up to 30 knots with gale force gusts up to 45 knots. Snow showers through early afternoon, then a chance of snow showers by mid afternoon. Heavy freezing spray through the day. Waves building to 15 to 20 feet occasionally to 25 feet, then subsiding to 10 to 14 feet occasionally to 18 feet. Friday night, north wind 15 to 25 knots diminishing to 5 to 15 knots after midnight. Partly cloudy through midnight then becoming mostly cloudy. A slight chance of snow showers. Freezing spray through the night. Waves subsiding to 2 to 4 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Wednesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 30 degrees, 5 degrees above normal. The high Wednesday was 38 degrees and the overnight low was 22 degrees.

Precipitation: Wednesday, none. Year to date, 6.33 inches. Normal to date, 6.27 inches.

Snowfall: Wednesday, none. Season to date, 173.2 inches. Normal to date, 175 inches.

Sunset: 8:02 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:52 a.m. Friday

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

Starting at $4.75/week.

Subscribe Today