×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, mostly cloudy with numerous snow showers. Snow accumulation around an inch. Lows 4 below to 1 above inland to around 6 above at the shore. North winds 5 to 10 mph becoming light overnight. Chance of snow 70 percent. Saturday, mostly sunny. Highs around 19. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday night, partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows 7 to 12 above. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Sunday, a chance of snow in the morning, then snow likely in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs around 25. Light winds. Chance of snow 70 percent. Sunday night, a 50 percent chance of snow in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Lows 11 to 16.

Monday, partly cloudy. Highs around 28. Monday night, a 30 percent chance of snow showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 17. Tuesday, mostly cloudy. Highs around 26. Tuesday night, a chance of snow showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 14. Chance of snow 30 percent. Wednesday, cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 24. Wednesday night and Thursday, cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 8 to 13 above. Highs around 18.

Temperatures: The average temperature Thursday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 17 degrees, 3 degrees above normal. The high Thursday was 30 degrees and the overnight low was 3 degrees.

Precipitation: Thursday, .02 inches. Year to date, 3.36 inches. Normal to date, 2.85 inches.

Snowfall: Thursday, .5 inches. Season to date, 135.6 inches. Normal to date, 124.4 inches.

Sunset: 6:03 this evening.

Sunrise: 8:05 a.m. Saturday