×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, a slight chance of snow in the evening, then snow likely overnight. Cloudy. Little or no snow accumulation. Lows around 24. South winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent. Tuesday, snow likely, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle and drizzle in the morning, then a slight chance of snow in the afternoon. Cloudy. Snow accumulation around an inch. Highs around 34. South winds 10 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Tuesday night, cloudy. Lows 17 to 22. West winds 5 to 15 mph.

Extended forecast: Wednesday, a chance of snow showers in the morning, then snow showers likely in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs around 26. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent. Wednesday night, snow showers likely in the evening, then a chance of snow showers overnight. Cloudy. Lows 10 to 15. Chance of snow 60 percent. Thursday, cloudy. Highs around 18. Thursday night, mostly cloudy. Lows 3 to 8 above. Friday, a chance of snow showers in the morning, then snow showers likely in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs around 23. Chance of snow 70 percent. Friday night, snow showers. Lows around 17. Chance of snow 90 percent. Saturday, snow showers. Patchy blowing snow. Highs around 25. Chance of snow 90 percent. Saturday night, patchy blowing snow in the evening. Snow showers likely in the evening, then a chance of snow showers overnight. Cloudy. Lows 7 to 12 above. Chance of snow 60 percent. Sunday, colder. A chance of snow showers in the morning. Cloudy. Highs around 16. Chance of snow 40 percent.

Lake Superior: Tonight, south wind 10 to 20 knots. Cloudy. A chance of snow by midnight. Waves building to 2 to 4 feet, then subsiding to 2 to 3 feet. Tuesday, south wind 10 to 20 knots veering southwest in the afternoon. Gusts up to 29 knots. Cloudy. Snow likely and a chance of drizzle in the morning, then a slight chance of drizzle in the afternoon. Waves building to 2 to 4 feet, then subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Tuesday night, west wind 15 to 25 knots with gusts up to 32 knots. Cloudy. Waves building to 4 to 7 feet occasionally to 9 feet, then subsiding to 3 to 5 feet occasionally to 7 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Sunday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 14 degrees, which is normal for the date. The high Sunday was 17 degrees and the overnight low was 11 degrees.

Precipitation: Sunday, .08 inches. Year to date, .48 inches. Normal to date, .94 inches.

Snowfall: Sunday, 4.1 inches. Season to date, 94.0 inches. Normal to date, 89.9 inches.

Sunset: 5:27 this evening.

Sunrise: 8:31 a.m. Tuesday