×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Saturday, much colder. Cloudy with numerous snow showers. Patchy blowing snow. Snow accumulation around an inch. Highs around 15. North winds 15 to 20 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Chance of snow 70 percent. Saturday night, mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Patchy blowing snow. Lows around 12. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Sunday, a 50 percent chance of snow showers in the morning. Cloudy. Highs around 18. Northeast winds 5 to 15 mph. Sunday night, a chance of snow showers in the evening, then a chance of snow showers, possibly mixed with freezing rain overnight. Cloudy. Lows 8 to 13 above. Light winds. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Extended forecast: Monday, mostly cloudy. Highs around 26. Monday night, a 50 percent chance of snow showers overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 19. Tuesday, snow showers likely in the morning, then a chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs around 32. Chance of snow 70 percent. Tuesday night, a chance of snow showers in the evening. Cloudy. Lows 17 to 22. Chance of snow 30 percent.

Lake Superior: Saturday, northeast wind 20 to 25 knots. Gusts up to 33 knots. Cloudy. Scattered snow showers through early afternoon, then scattered flurries by mid afternoon. Freezing spray through the day. Waves subsiding to 5 to 8 feet occasionally to 10 feet, then building to 6 to 9 feet occasionally to 11 feet. Saturday night, northeast wind up to 30 knots. Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Heavy freezing spray. Waves building to 7 to 10 feet occasionally to 13 feet, then subsiding to 5 to 8 feet occasionally to 10 feet. Sunday, northeast wind 15 to 25 knots veering east 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow showers in the morning. Freezing spray through the day. Waves subsiding to 2 to 4 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Friday at the National Weather Service Office in Negaunee Township was 28 degrees, 14 degrees above normal. The high Friday was 32 degrees and the overnight low was 24 degrees.

Precipitation: friday, 0 inches. Year to date, .32 inches. Normal to date, .78 inches.

Snowfall: 0 inches. Season to date, 86.5 inches. Normal to date, 86.9 inches.

Sunset: 5:24 p.m. Saturday

Sunrise: 8:32 a.m. Saturday

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

Starting at $4.75/week.

Subscribe Today