×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 7 to 12 above inland to around 13 at the shore. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph becoming north 10 to 15 mph overnight. Saturday, colder. Snow showers likely. Patchy blowing snow. Snow accumulation around an inch. Highs around 17. North winds 15 to 20 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Chance of snow 70 percent. Saturday night, snow likely in the evening, then snow overnight. Patchy blowing snow. Snow may be heavy at times overnight. Moderate snow accumulation. Lows around 12. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent.

Extended forecast: Sunday, snow showers likely in the morning. Cloudy. Highs around 19. Northeast winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent. Sunday night, a chance of snow showers overnight. Cloudy. Lows 7 to 12 above. Chance of snow 30 percent. Monday, mostly cloudy. Highs around 23. Monday night, a 40 percent chance of snow overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 16. Tuesday, warmer. Snow likely. Highs around 32. Chance of snow 60 percent.

Tuesday night and Wednesday, colder. Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Lows around 17. Highs around 23. Wednesday night, cloudy with snow showers likely. Patchy blowing snow overnight. Lows 3 to 8 above. Chance of snow 60 percent. Thursday, colder. Patchy blowing snow in the morning. Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 14.

Lake Superior: Tonight, northwest wind 15 to 25 knots veering north 20 to 25 knots late. Cloudy. A slight chance of snow showers in the evening, then a chance of snow showers by midnight. Freezing spray through the night. Waves building to 5 to 8 feet occasionally to 10 feet. Saturday, northeast wind 15 to 25 knots. Cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Freezing spray. Waves subsiding to 4 to 7 feet occasionally to 9 feet, then building to 5 to 8 feet occasionally to 10 feet. Saturday night, northeast wind 15 to 25 knots with gusts up to 32 knots. Snow likely in the evening, then snow after midnight. Freezing spray through the night. Waves building to 7 to 10 feet occasionally to 13 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Thursday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 20 degrees, 6 degrees above normal. The high Thursday was 33 degrees and the overnight low was 7 degrees.

Precipitation: Thursday, .04 inches. Year to date, .32 inches. Normal to date, .70 inches.

Snowfall: Thursday, .6 inches. Season to date, 86.5 inches. Normal to date, 85.5 inches.

Sunset: 5:23 this evening.

Sunrise: 8:32 a.m. Saturday