×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, a slight chance of snow in the evening, then snow likely overnight. Cloudy. Little or no snow accumulation. Lows around 2 above inland to around 8 above at the shore. Temperatures rising into the upper teens after midnight. South winds 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 20 mph overnight. Chance of snow 60 percent. Thursday, much warmer. Patchy blowing snow in the morning. A chance of freezing drizzle, possibly mixed with snow in the morning, then freezing rain, possibly mixed with snow and freezing drizzle in the afternoon. Cloudy. Little or no snow accumulation. Ice accumulation up to a tenth of an inch possible. Highs around 33. South winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent. Thursday night, cloudy. A chance of drizzle and freezing drizzle in the evening. Lows around 25. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Extended forecast: Friday, cloudy. Highs around 29. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Friday night and Saturday, colder. Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 11 to 16. Highs around 18. Saturday night, cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 6 to 11 above. Sunday, a 30 percent chance of snow showers in the morning. Cloudy. Highs around 21. Sunday night, cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 13 to 18. Monday, a chance of snow showers in the morning. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 29. Chance of snow 40 percent. Monday night, a chance of snow showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows 15 to 20. Chance of snow 30 percent. Tuesday, cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 26.

Lake Superior: Gale watch in effect from late tonight through Thursday evening.

Tonight, southwest wind less than 10 knots becoming south 10 to 20 knots by midnight, then backing southeast 20 to 25 knots late. Gale force gusts up to 34 knots. Cloudy. Scattered snow showers in the evening. Snow likely by midnight, then a slight chance of snow late. Freezing spray late. Waves subsiding to 2 to 3 feet, then building to 4 to 7 feet occasionally to 9 feet. Thursday, southeast wind up to 30 knots veering south 15 to 25 knots in the afternoon. Gale force gusts up to 40 knots. Cloudy. Freezing spray in the morning. A slight chance of freezing drizzle and snow in the morning, then a chance of drizzle, snow possibly mixed with rain and freezing drizzle likely in the afternoon. Waves building to 6 to 9 feet occasionally to 11 feet, then subsiding to 2 to 4 feet. Thursday night, southwest wind 10 to 15 knots veering west after midnight. Mostly cloudy. A chance of drizzle in the evening. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Tuesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 18 degrees, 4 degrees above normal. The high Tuesday was 27 degrees and the overnight low was 9 degrees.

Precipitation: Tuesday, .05 inches. Year to date, .28 inches. Normal to date, .54 inches.

Snowfall: Tuesday, 1.6. Season to date, 85.7 inches. Normal to date, 82.8 inches.

Sunset: 5:21 this evening.

Sunrise: 8:33 a.m. Thursday

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

Starting at $4.75/week.

Subscribe Today