×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, mostly cloudy with scattered snow showers. Patchy blowing snow. Lows around 21. Inland, west winds 15 to 20 mph becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph overnight. Near the shore, west winds 15 to 25 mph becoming northwest overnight. Chance of snow 50 percent. Friday, a chance of snow showers in the morning, then a slight chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 25. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph becoming north 5 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow 40 percent. Friday night, mostly clear. Lows 10 to 15. Light winds.

Extended forecast: Saturday, cloudy. Highs around 32. South winds 5 to 15 mph. Saturday night, a chance of snow showers overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 26. Chance of snow 50 percent. Sunday, snow showers likely in the morning, then a chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs around 34. Chance of snow 60 percent. Sunday night, a 30 percent chance of snow showers in the evening. Cloudy. Lows around 27. Monday, cloudy. Highs around 37. Monday night, cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Lows around 28. Tuesday, a chance of snow showers in the morning, then a chance of snow showers, possibly mixed with rain in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs around 36. Chance of precipitation 30 percent. Tuesday night, cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Lows around 28. Wednesday, a chance of snow showers in the morning, then a chance of snow showers, possibly mixed with rain in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs around 35. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Lake Superior: Small craft advisory in effect from 1 p.m. today through Friday afternoon. Tonight, west wind 20 to 25 knots veering northwest late. Gusts up to 32 knots. Mostly cloudy. Isolated snow showers in the evening, then scattered snow showers by midnight. Waves building to 8 to 11 feet occasionally to 14 feet, then subsiding to 7 to 10 feet occasionally to 13 feet. Friday, northwest wind 20 to 25 knots veering north 10 to 20 knots in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow showers in the morning, then a slight chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Waves subsiding to 3 to 6 feet occasionally to 8 feet. Friday night, northeast wind 5 to 15 knots veering south after midnight. Mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly clear. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Wednesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 12 degrees, 20 degrees below normal. The high Wednesday was 17 degrees and the overnight low was 7 degrees.

Precipitation: Wednesday, .01 inches. Year to date, 40.42 inches. Normal to date, 31.28 inches.

Snowfall: Wednesday, 1.2 inches. Season to date, 8.6 inches. Normal to date, 13.5 inches.

Sunset: 5:18 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:52 a.m. Friday