×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, snow likely. Snow accumulation around an inch. Lows around 22. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph inland, except southwest 10 to 20 mph near the shore. Chance of snow 70 percent. Saturday, warmer. A slight chance of flurries in the morning, then a chance of snow showers, possibly mixed with rain in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs around 35. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Extended forecast: Saturday night and Sunday, snow showers likely. Lows around 24. Highs 27 to 32. Northwest winds 5 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent. Sunday night and Veterans Day, bitterly cold. Mostly cloudy with snow showers likely. Lows 9 to 14 above. Highs 17 to 22. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Monday night, cold. Mostly cloudy with snow showers. Lows 8 to 13 above. Chance of snow 80 percent. Tuesday, cold. Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 22. Tuesday night, cold. A chance of snow showers in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Lows 9 to 14 above. Chance of snow 30 percent. Wednesday, cloudy. Highs around 26. Wednesday night, cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 15 to 20. Thursday, a chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 30. Chance of snow 30 percent.

Lake Superior: Tonight, southwest wind 10 to 20 knots. Cloudy. A slight chance of snow in the evening, then snow likely by midnight. Waves building to 2 to 3 feet. Saturday, southwest wind 10 to 15 knots veering west 5 to 15 knots in the afternoon. Cloudy. A slight chance of sprinkles and snow showers in the morning, then a chance of rain showers possibly mixed with snow showers in the afternoon. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Saturday night, northwest wind less than 10 knots. Snow showers possibly mixed with rain showers. Waves 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Thursday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 18 degrees, 16 degrees below normal. The high Thursday was 24 degrees and the overnight low was 12 degrees.

Precipitation: Thursday, .02 inches. Year to date, 40.39 inches. Normal to date, 30.66 inches.

Snowfall: Thursday, .7 inches. Season to date, 6.6 inches. Normal to date, 9.6 inches.

Sunset: 5:26 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:43 a.m. Saturday