×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, a chance of rain showers in the morning, then rain showers likely in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs 52 to 57. South winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tonight, a 20 percent chance of rain showers in the evening. Patchy fog overnight. Mostly clear. Lows 37 to 42. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph becoming light overnight. Sunday, mostly sunny. Highs around 58. Light winds.

Extended forecast: Sunday night, a 40 percent chance of rain showers overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 43. Southeast winds 5 to 15 mph. Monday, showers likely in the morning, then showers in the afternoon. Highs around 56. Chance of rain 80 percent. Monday night, rain showers likely in the evening, then a chance of rain showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 41. Chance of rain 60 percent. Tuesday, a chance of rain showers in the morning, then rain showers likely in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs 45 to 50. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday night, rain showers likely in the evening, then a chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 35. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Wednesday, a chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow in the morning, then a chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs 43 to 48. Chance of precipitation 40 percent. Wednesday night, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow. Lows around 33. Thursday, a chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow in the morning, then a chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs 42 to 47. Chance of precipitation 50 percent. Thursday night, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow. Lows around 32. Friday, a chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow in the morning. Mostly cloudy. Highs 39 to 44. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Lake Superior: Today, south wind 10 to 20 knots. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the morning, then a chance of showers in the afternoon. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Tonight, southwest wind less than 10 knots. Mostly clear. A slight chance of rain showers through midnight. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Sunday, west wind less than 10 knots backing east by mid afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves calm to 1 foot.

Temperatures: The average temperature Friday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 39 degrees, 3 degrees below normal. The high Friday was 52 degrees and the overnight low was 26 degrees.

Precipitation: Friday, none. Year to date, 39.11 inches. Normal to date, 28.48 inches.

Snowfall: Friday, none. Season to date, .9 inches. Normal to date, 2.5 inches.

Sunrise: 8:13 a.m. today

Sunset: 6:57 this evening.

COMMENTS