×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, partly cloudy. Lows 28 to 33. Light winds. Friday, warmer. Partly cloudy. Highs around 53. South winds 5 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Friday night, a 40 percent chance of rain showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 43. South winds 10 to 20 mph.

Extended forecast: Saturday, mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain showers. Highs around 55. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Saturday night, clear. Lows around 36 inland to around 42 at the shore. Sunday, mostly sunny. Highs around 58. Sunday night, a 30 percent chance of rain showers overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 44. Monday and Monday night, rain showers likely. Highs around 56. Lows around 42. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday, rain showers likely. Highs 46 to 51. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday night, rain showers, possibly mixed with snow in the evening, then a chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 35. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Wednesday, a chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow in the morning, then a chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs 44 to 49. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Lake Superior: Tonight, north wind 5 to 15 knots backing southwest less than 10 knots late. Partly cloudy. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Friday, south wind 5 to 15 knots increasing to 15 to 20 knots by mid afternoon. Gusts up to 27 knots. Partly cloudy. Waves building to 2 to 3 feet. Friday night, south wind 15 to 20 knots with gusts up to 27 knots. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Wednesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 40 degrees, 3 degrees below normal. The high Wednesday was 44 degrees and the overnight low was 36 degrees.

Precipitation: Wednesday, .23 inches. Year to date, 39.04 inches. Normal to date, 28.23 inches.

Snowfall: Wednesday, trace. Season to date, .9 inches. Normal to date, 2.1 inches.

Sunset: 7 this evening.

Sunrise: 8:12 a.m. Friday