×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, clear. Lows 40 to 45 inland to around 53 at the shore. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday, partly cloudy. Highs around 71. Light winds becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Saturday night, partly cloudy. Lows 45 to 50 inland to around 53 at the shore. Light winds.

Extended forecast: Sunday, partly cloudy. Highs around 73. Light winds. Sunday night, a chance of showers overnight. Partly cloudy. Lows 51 to 56. Chance of rain 30 percent. Labor Day, mostly cloudy. Highs around 71. Monday night, a chance of showers in the evening, then showers likely overnight. Cloudy. Lows 52 to 57. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday, showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the morning, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 72. Chance of rain 60 percent. Tuesday night and Wednesday, cooler. Partly cloudy. Lows around 45 inland to around 51 at the shore. Highs around 63. Wednesday night, mostly clear. Lows 40 to 45 inland to around 48 at the shore. Thursday, partly cloudy. Highs around 66.

Lake Superior: Tonight, west wind 5 to 15 knots backing southwest less than 10 knots after midnight. Clear. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Saturday, variable wind less than 10 knots becoming east less than 10 knots by mid afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves calm to 1 foot. Saturday night, south wind less than 10 knots. Mostly clear. Waves calm to 1 foot.

Temperatures: The average temperature Thursday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 56 degrees, 6 degrees below normal. The high Thursday was 66 degrees and the overnight low was 45 degrees.

Precipitation: Thursday, .08 inches. Year to date, 28.12 inches. Normal to date, 22.16 inches.

Sunset: 8:33 this evening

Sunrise: 7:09 a.m. Saturday.