×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the evening, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows 62 to 67. South winds 5 to 10 mph becoming west overnight. Chance of rain 70 percent. Saturday, cooler. Mostly sunny with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 78. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Saturday night, a 30 percent chance of showers in the evening. Partly cloudy. Lows 54 to 59. Light winds.

Extended forecast: Sunday, mostly sunny. Highs around 73. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday night through Monday night, clear. Lows 50 to 55 inland to around 58 at the shore. Highs around 76. Tuesday, sunny. Highs around 80. Tuesday night through Thursday, mostly clear. Lows 55 to 60. Highs around 81.

Lake Superior: Tonight, southeast wind less than 10 knots veering west late. Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms through midnight, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms late. Waves calm to 1 foot. Saturday, northwest wind less than 10 knots. Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves calm to 1 foot. Saturday night, west wind less than 10 knots veering northwest after midnight. Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers through midnight. Waves calm to 1 foot.

Temperatures: The average temperature Thursday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 74 degrees, 8 degrees above normal. The high Thursday was 82 degrees and the overnight low was 66 degrees.

Precipitation: Thursday, .05 inches. Year to date, 25.70 inches. Normal to date, 18.09 inches.

Sunset: 9.36 this evening

Sunrise: 6:17 a.m. Saturday.