Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Mostly clear. Lows 54 to 59. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday, very warm. Mostly sunny. Highs around 83 inland to around 77 at the shore. West winds 5 to 10 mph with gusts to around 25 mph. Wednesday night, a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight. Mostly clear. Lows around 57. Light winds.

Extended forecast: Thursday, very warm. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 83 inland to around 76 at the shore. Light winds. Chance of rain 40 percent. Thursday night, mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Lows around 56. Chance of rain 30 percent. Friday, warm. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Highs around 83 inland to around 74 at the shore. Chance of rain 40 percent. Friday night, partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows around 56. Saturday, warm. Mostly sunny. Highs 80 to 85 inland to around 72 at the shore. Saturday night and Sunday, partly cloudy. Lows around 55. Highs around 80 inland to around 73 at the shore. Sunday night, a chance of showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 57. Chance of rain 30 percent. Monday, warm. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs around 81 inland to around 74 at the shore. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Lake Superior: Tonight, west wind 5 to 15 knots. Mostly clear. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then a slight chance of showers after midnight. Waves building to 2 to 3 feet, then subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Wednesday, west wind 5 to 15 knots. Sunny. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Wednesday night, southwest wind less than 10 knots. Mostly clear. Waves calm to 1 foot.

Temperatures: The average temperature Monday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 66 degrees, 3 degrees above normal. The high Monday was 73 degrees and the overnight low was 58 degrees.

Precipitation: Monday, .57 inches. Year to date, 23.69 inches. Normal to date, 15.96 inches.

Sunset: 9:47 this evening

Sunrise: 5:59 a.m. Wednesday.