Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, periods of showers and scattered thunderstorms in the evening, then numerous showers overnight. Patchy fog. Lows around 53. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent. Tuesday, a slight chance of showers in the morning, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 79. West winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Tuesday night, a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Mostly clear. Lows around 56. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Extended forecast: Wednesday, sunny. Highs around 78. West winds 5 to 15 mph. Wednesday night, clear. Lows around 56. Thursday, warm. A 40 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Highs around 82 inland to around 75 at the shore. Thursday night, a chance of showers in the evening. Partly cloudy. Lows around 56. Chance of rain 30 percent. Friday, a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 79 inland to around 71 at the shore. Chance of rain 30 percent. Friday night, partly cloudy. Lows around 53. Saturday through Sunday, mostly clear. Highs 76 to 81 inland to around 70 at the shore. Lows around 52.

Lake Superior: Tonight, south wind less than 10 knots veering west 5 to 15 knots after midnight. Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms through midnight, then numerous showers late. Patchy fog through the night. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Tuesday, west wind 5 to 15 knots. Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers through early afternoon, then a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms by mid afternoon. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Tuesday night, west wind 5 to 15 knots. Mostly clear. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms through midnight. Waves building to 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Sunday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 62 degrees, 1 degree below normal. The high Sunday was 72 degrees and the overnight low was 52 degrees.

Precipitation: Sunday, .01 inches. Year to date, 23.12 inches. Normal to date, 15.87 inches.

Sunset: 9:47 this evening

Sunrise: 5:58 a.m. Tuesday.