Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, rain. Lows around 49. South winds 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest overnight. Chance of rain 80 percent. Wednesday, much cooler. Rain showers. Highs around 57. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph becoming north 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 90 percent. Wednesday night, a chance of rain showers in the evening, then a slight chance of rain showers overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 42. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Extended forecast: Thursday, mostly cloudy. Highs 60 to 65. North winds 10 to 20 mph. Thursday night, a chance of rain showers overnight. Mostly clear. Lows around 44. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Friday, a chance of showers. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 67. Chance of rain 40 percent. Friday night and Saturday, mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Lows around 48. Highs around 69 inland to around 62 at the shore. Chance of rain 30 percent. Saturday night, a chance of rain showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 45. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Sunday, partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs around 67 inland to around 61 at the shore. Sunday night and Monday, partly cloudy. Lows around 45. Highs around 69 inland to around 63 at the shore.

Lake Superior: Tonight, south wind less than 10 knots. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain in the evening, then a chance of rain after midnight. Rain likely late. Waves calm to 1 foot.

Wednesday, west wind less than 10 knots veering northwest 10 to 15 knots by mid afternoon. Rain showers likely. Waves building to 2 to 3 feet. Wednesday night, north wind 10 to 15 knots. Cloudy. A chance of rain showers through midnight, then a slight chance of rain showers after midnight. Waves building to 2 to 4 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Monday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 58 degrees, 1 degree below normal. The high Monday was 68 degrees and the overnight low was 48 degrees.

Precipitation: Monday, .27 inches. Year to date, 22.88 inches. Normal to date, 14.67 inches.

Sunset: 9:43 this evening

Sunrise: 5:57 a.m. Wednesday.