Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, cloudy with showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the evening, then partly cloudy with a chance of showers overnight. Patchy fog overnight. Lows around 49. South winds 10 to 15 mph becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph overnight. Chance of rain 60 percent. Saturday, much warmer. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs 76 to 81. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Saturday night, partly cloudy. Lows around 45. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Sunday, cooler. Mostly sunny. Highs 62 to 67 inland to around 58 at the shore. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday night, clear. Lows around 42. Memorial Day and Monday night, cloudy with rain showers likely. Highs around 65 inland to around 59 at the shore. Lows around 45. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday, a chance of showers in the morning. Cloudy. Highs 60 to 65. Chance of rain 30 percent. Tuesday night, a chance of rain showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 44. Chance of rain 40 percent. Wednesday, a chance of showers. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 60. Chance of rain 50 percent. Wednesday night, partly cloudy. Lows around 41. Thursday, mostly sunny. Highs around 57.

Lake Superior: Tonight, southeast wind 10 to 15 knots veering south less than 10 knots late. Cloudy through midnight then becoming partly cloudy. A chance of rain showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms through midnight, then a slight chance of rain showers late. Patchy fog after midnight. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Saturday, southwest wind less than 10 knots veering northwest 10 to 15 knots by mid afternoon. Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms by mid afternoon. Waves building to 2 to 3 feet. Saturday night, northwest wind 5 to 15 knots. Partly cloudy. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Thursday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 54 degrees, 1 degree above normal. The high Thursday was 62 degrees and the overnight low was 46 degrees.

Precipitation: Thursday, .01 inches. Year to date, 21.99 inches. Normal to date, 12.77 inches.

Sunset: 9:28 this evening

Sunrise: 6:06 a.m. Saturday.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)