Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, clear. Patchy fog overnight. Lows around 32 inland to around 38 at the shore. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Tuesday, warmer, sunny. Highs around 63 inland to around 55 at the shore. Light winds becoming east 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Tuesday night, a 40 percent chance of rain showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 41. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Wednesday, rain showers likely in the morning, then a chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs around 57. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent. Wednesday night, a chance of showers in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 44. Chance of rain 40 percent. Thursday, warmer. Partly cloudy. Highs 63 to 68 inland to around 59 at the shore. Thursday night, a 40 percent chance of rain showers overnight. Partly cloudy. Lows around 42. Friday, rain showers likely in the morning, then a chance of rain showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs around 65. Chance of rain 70 percent. Friday night and Saturday, partly cloudy. Lows around 48. Highs around 65. Saturday night and Sunday, partly cloudy. Lows around 40. Highs 58 to 63.

Lake Superior: Small craft advisory in effect until this evening. Tonight, northwest wind 5 to 15 knots. Clear. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Tuesday, variable wind less than 10 knots becoming northeast less than 10 knots by mid afternoon. Sunny. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Tuesday night, east wind less than 10 knots veering southeast 10 to 15 knots after midnight. Partly cloudy through midnight, then mostly cloudy with a slight chance of rain showers after midnight. Waves building to 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Sunday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 36 degrees,16 degrees below normal. The high Sunday was 37 degrees and the overnight low was 34 degrees.

Precipitation: Sunday, 2.46 inches which is a record for the date. The previous record of 1.97 inches had been set in 1975. Year to date, 21.53 inches. Normal to date, 12.34 inches.

Snowfall: Sunday, .1 inches. Season to date, 227.6 inches. Normal to date, 203.3 inches.

Sunset: 9:23 this evening

Sunrise: 6:10 a.m. Tuesday.