Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, a chance of showers before noon, then a slight chance of showers after 4 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Tonight, rain likely, mainly after 2 a.m. Cloudy, with a low around 37. Northeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Monday, rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 43. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. Monday night, rain likely, mainly before 2 a.m. Cloudy, with a low around 36. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Extended forecast: Tuesday, a chance of rain and snow before 8 a.m., then a chance of rain between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday night, partly cloudy, with a low around 34. Wednesday, sunny, with a high near 51. Wednesday night, a chance of rain after 2 a.m. Partly cloudy, with a low around 40. Thursday, rain likely, mainly between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Thursday night, a chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 37. Friday, sunny, with a high near 48. Friday night, partly cloudy, with a low around 34. Saturday, a chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 45.

Lake Superior: Today, northwest wind less than 10 knots veering northeast in the afternoon. Cloudy. A chance of rain showers in the morning, then a slight chance of rain showers in the afternoon. A chance of rain showers late. Waves building to 2 to 3 feet.

Tonight, northeast wind less than 10 knots. Cloudy. A chance of rain through midnight, then rain likely after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 feet. Monday, north wind 5 to 15 knots. Rain likely. Waves building to 2 to 4 feet, then subsiding to 2 to 3 feet.

Note: Wave height forecasts are for ice-free areas.

Temperatures: The average temperature Saturday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 44 degrees, 4 degrees above normal. The high Saturday was 64 degrees and the overnight low was 23 degrees.

Precipitation: Saturday, none. Year to date, 22.17 inches. Normal to date, 9.67 inches.

Snowfall: Saturday, none. Season to date, 221.7 inches. Normal to date, 199.2 inches.

Sunset: 8:46 this evening.

Sunrise: 6:51 a.m. Monday.

COMMENTS