15 die in Columbine shooting massacre

Marquette and vicinity: Today, sunny, with a high near 58. South wind around 5 mph. Tonight, a 10 percent chance of showers after 5 a.m. Increasing clouds, with a low around 41. South wind around 10 mph. Sunday, s 40 percent chance of showers, mainly after 7 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 44. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Sunday night, a 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 36. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Monday, a 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Monday night, a chance of rain showers before 5 a.m., then a chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Extended forecast: Tuesday, a chance of rain and snow showers before 11 a.m., then a chance of rain showers between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 43. Tuesday night, partly cloudy, with a low around 33. Wednesday, mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Wednesday night, partly cloudy, with a low around 38. Thursday, a chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 53. Thursday night, partly cloudy, with a low around 37. Friday, mostly sunny, with a high near 50.

Lake Superior: Today, south wind less than 10 knots backing southeast in the afternoon. Sunny. Waves building to 1 to 2 feet. Saturday night, south wind 10 to 15 knots veering southwest less than 10 knots after midnight. Partly cloudy through midnight, then mostly cloudy with a chance of rain showers after midnight. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Sunday, northwest wind less than 10 knots veering north by mid-afternoon. Cloudy with a chance of rain showers. Waves building to 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Friday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 42 degrees, 2 degrees above normal. The high Friday was 51 degrees and the overnight low was 33 degrees.

Precipitation: Friday, none. Year to date, 12.94 inches. Normal to date, 9.58 inches.

Snowfall: Friday, none. Season to date, 221.7 inches. Normal to date, 198.9 inches.

Sunset: 8:45 this evening.

Sunrise: 6:54 a.m. Sunday.

COMMENTS