×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, partly cloudy. Highs around 52. South winds 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Tonight, a 20 percent chance of rain showers overnight. Partly cloudy. Lows around 42. South winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Saturday, a chance of rain showers in the morning, then rain showers likely in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 55. South winds 10 to 15 mph becoming southwest 5 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 70 percent. Saturday night, a 30 percent chance of rain showers in the evening. Mostly clear. Lows 37 to 42. Light winds.

Extended forecast: Sunday, mostly sunny. Highs around 57. Light winds. Sunday night, a 30 percent chance of rain showers overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 43. Monday, showers likely. Highs around 56. Chance of rain 70 percent. Monday night, mostly cloudy with rain showers likely. Lows around 42. Chance of rain 60 percent. Tuesday, cloudy with rain showers likely. Highs 45 to 50. Chance of rain 60 percent. Tuesday night, rain showers likely in the evening, then a chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 34. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Wednesday, a chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow in the morning, then a chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 45. Chance of precipitation 40 percent. Wednesday night, cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow. Lows around 34. Thursday, cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain showers. Highs around 47.

Lake Superior: Small craft advisory in effect from 4 this afternoon through Saturday morning. Early this morning, south wind less than 10 knots. Mostly clear. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Today, south wind 5 to 15 knots increasing to 15 to 20 knots late. Partly cloudy. Waves building to 2 to 3 feet. Tonight, south wind 15 to 20 knots with gusts up to 30 knots.

Mostly clear. Waves 2 to 3 feet. Saturday, south wind 10 to 20 knots. Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers through early afternoon, then cloudy with a chance of showers by mid afternoon. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Saturday night, southwest wind less than 10 knots veering west after midnight. Mostly clear. A chance of rain showers through midnight. Waves calm to 1 foot.

Temperatures: The average temperature Thursday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 36 degrees, 7 degrees below normal. The high Thursday was 43 degrees and the overnight low was 29 degrees.

Precipitation: Thursday, 0.07 inches. Year to date, 39.11 inches. Normal to date, 28.35 inches.

Snowfall: Thursday, none. Season to date, 0.9 inches. Normal to date, 2.2 inches.

Sunset: 6:58 this evening.

Sunrise: 8:13 a.m. Saturday