×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, a 50 percent chance of showers in the morning. Patchy fog in the morning. Cloudy. Highs around 62. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Tonight, partly cloudy. Lows around 46 inland to around 52 at the shore. West winds 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest overnight. Saturday, a 20 percent chance of showers in the morning. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 58. Inland, northwest winds 5 to 10 mph becoming north 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Near the shore, northwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Saturday night, mostly cloudy. Lows 42 to 47. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast:Sunday, mostly cloudy. Highs around 58. Light winds. Sunday night, partly cloudy. Lows around 40 inland to around 46 at the shore. Monday, a 30 percent chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 63. Monday night, a chance of showers in the evening, then showers likely overnight. Cloudy. Lows 47 to 52. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday, cloudy with showers likely. Highs around 67. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday night, a chance of showers in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Lows 49 to 54. Chance of rain 40 percent. Wednesday through Thursday, mostly cloudy. Highs 61 to 66. Lows 44 to 49.

Lake Superior: Today, east wind 5 to 15 knots backing north less than 10 knots late. Cloudy. A chance of showers in the morning, then a slight chance of showers in the afternoon. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Tonight, west wind less than 10 knots becoming 5 to 15 knots after midnight, then veering northwest 10 to 20 knots late. Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the evening. A slight chance of showers late. Waves building to 2 to 3 feet. Saturday, northwest wind 15 to 20 knots. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers through early afternoon. Waves building to 3 to 6 feet occasionally to 8 feet, then subsiding to 3 to 5 feet occasionally to 7 feet. Saturday night, north wind 5 to 15 knots veering northeast less than 10 knots after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Waves subsiding to1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Thursday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 53 degrees, 7 degrees below normal. The high Thursday was 66 degrees and the overnight low was 40 degrees.

Precipitation: Thursday, .13 inches. Year to date, 29.22 inches. Normal to date, 22.91 inches.

Sunset: 8:20 this evening

Sunrise: 7:18 a.m. Saturday.