Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, partly cloudy. Lows around 50 inland to around 57 at the shore. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday, mostly sunny. Highs around 70. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday night, mostly clear. Lows around 47 inland to around 54 at the shore. Light winds.

Extended forecast: Thursday, partly cloudy. Highs around 76. Light winds. Thursday night, mostly clear. Lows 51 to 56 inland to around 59 at the shore. Friday, a chance of showers in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 79. Chance of rain 40 percent. Friday night, partly cloudy. Lows 57 to 62. Saturday, a chance of showers in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 80. Chance of rain 30 percent. Saturday night, a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then a chance of showers overnight. Partly cloudy. Lows 57 to 62. Chance of rain 30 percent. Sunday, a chance of showers in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Highs around 79. Chance of rain 30 percent. Sunday night, mostly clear. Lows around 55 inland to around 61 at the shore. Monday, a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Highs around 82. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Lake Superior: Tonight, north wind less than 10 knots veering northeast 10 to 15 knots late. Mostly clear. Waves building to 1 to 2 feet. Wednesday, northeast wind 5 to 15 knots. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Wednesday night, variable wind less than 10 knots. Mostly clear. Waves 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Monday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 66 degrees, 2 degrees above normal. The high Monday was 75 degrees and the overnight low was 56 degrees.

Precipitation: Monday, trace. Year to date, 26.85 inches. Normal to date, 20.51 inches.

Sunset: 9:04 this evening

Sunrise: 6:47 a.m. Wednesday.