×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, a 20 percent chance of showers after 2 a.m. Increasing clouds, with a low around 62. South wind around 10 mph. Wednesday, a chance of showers and thunderstorms before 4 p.m., then a slight chance of showers between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m., then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5 p.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 82. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Wednesday night, showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Extended forecast:Thursday, a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 8 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Thursday night, mostly clear, with a low around 54. Friday, a 30 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m. Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Friday night, a chance of showers before 8 p.m. Partly cloudy, with a low around 59. Saturday, mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Saturday night, mostly clear, with a low around 57. Sunday, mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Sunday night, partly cloudy, with a low around 60. Monday, mostly sunny, with a high near 85.

Lake Superior: Tonight, south wind 10 to 15 knots. Partly cloudy in the evening, then a slight chance of showers after midnight. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms late. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Wednesday, south wind 10 to 15 knots veering southwest less than 10 knots by mid afternoon. Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms through early afternoon, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms by mid afternoon. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Wednesday night, west wind less than 10 knots veering northwest 5 to 15 knots after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Showers likely and a slight chance of thunderstorms through midnight, then a chance of showers after midnight. Patchy fog through the night. Waves building to 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Monday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 63 degrees, 2 degrees below normal. The high Monday was 78 degrees and the overnight low was 47 degrees.

Precipitation: Monday, none. Year to date, 24.74 inches. Normal to date, 17.20 inches.

Sunset: 9:44 this evening

Sunrise: 6:07 a.m. Tuesday.