HARRIS - More than 175 people attended the Upper Peninsula Labor Management Council's 44th annual conference recently in Harris.
Management and labor representatives from throughout the U.P. gathered for a day of education and networking to promote cooperation in the workplace.
During the one-day conference, five sessions were offered, including:
- "Complying with the Affordable Care Act: Where do We Stand?" presented by Executive Director Marjorie Mitchell, MICHUHCAN.
- "Common Mistakes Made in Arbitration" presented by arbitrator Mark Glazer
- "Last Chance Agreements" presented by attorney Shela Khan Monroe of the Michigan Nurses Association.
- "Labor-Management Basics: Strategies to Prepare and Respond to a Grievance" presented by Sean Boyce of UAW Local 566, and attorney Wendy Edwards Leukuma of Cooper Lake Consulting.
- "Motivating, Inspiring and Creating a Collaborative and Positive Workplace", by Ken Trzaska, dean of instruction at Gogebic Community College.
As part of the event, attendees donated non-perishable food items for the local Salvation Army food pantry.
More information, visit the website at www.uplmc.com or call 466-0155.