×

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows around 58. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent. Friday, warm. Partly cloudy. Highs around 82 inland to around 74 at the shore. Light winds. Friday night, partly cloudy. Lows around 56. Light winds.

Extended forecast: Saturday, very warm. Mostly sunny. Highs 82 to 87 inland to around 74 at the shore. Light winds. Saturday night, mostly clear. Lows around 56. Sunday, very warm. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 84 inland to around 77 at the shore. Chance of rain 30 percent. Sunday night, a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then a chance of showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 58. Chance of rain 40 percent. Monday, partly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs around 80 inland to around 74 at the shore. Chance of rain 30 percent. Monday night and Tuesday, a chance of showers. Mostly clear. Lows around 55. Highs around 81 inland to around 74 at the shore. Chance of rain 30 percent. Tuesday night, mostly clear. Lows around 56. Wednesday, warm. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 82 inland to around 75 at the shore. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Lake Superior: Tonight, south wind less than 10 knots through midnight becoming variable. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Waves calm to 1 foot. Friday, east wind less than 10 knots. Partly cloudy. Waves calm to 1 foot. Friday night, variable wind less than 10 knots. Mostly cloudy through midnight then becoming partly cloudy. Waves calm to 1 foot.

Temperatures: The average temperature Wednesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 69 degrees, 5 degrees above normal. The high Wednesday was 80 degrees and the overnight low was 57 degrees.

Precipitation: Wednesday, none. Year to date, 23.76 inches. Normal to date, 16.14 inches.

Sunset: 9:47 this evening

Sunrise: 5:59 a.m. Friday.