Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, mostly sunny. Highs around 62 inland to around 53 at the shore. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Tonight, mostly clear. A slight chance of sprinkles overnight. Lows around 42. Light winds. Sunday, mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Highs around 62 inland to around 54 at the shore. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday night, mostly cloudy. Lows around 44. Light winds.

Extended forecast:Monday, warmer. Partly cloudy. Highs around 68 inland to around 60 at the shore. Monday night through Tuesday night, mostly clear. Lows around 45. Highs around 70 inland to around 64 at the shore. Wednesday, a chance of showers in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 73 inland to around 67 at the shore. Chance of rain 30 percent. Wednesday night and Thursday, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows around 48. Highs around 72 inland to around 66 at the shore.Thursday night, partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows around 49. Friday, a chance of showers. Partly cloudy. Highs around 72 inland to around 66 at the shore. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Lake Superior: Today, north wind less than 10 knots. Mostly sunny. Patchy

fog in the morning. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Tonight, variable wind less than 10 knots becoming north less than 10 knots after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Sunday, northeast wind less than 10 knots. Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of rain showers. Waves calm to 1 foot.

Temperatures: The average temperature Friday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 54 degrees, 6 degrees below normal. The high Friday was 62 degrees and the overnight low was 45 degrees.

Precipitation: Friday, trace. Year to date, 23.09 inches. Normal to date, 15.06 inches.

Sunset: 9:45 this evening

Sunrise: 5:56 a.m. Sunday.

COMMENTS