Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, partly cloudy. Highs around 38. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Tonight, clear. Lows around 19 inland to around 27 at the shore. North winds 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest overnight. Monday, warmer. Sunny in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Highs around 47. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Monday night, a chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 33. South winds 5 to

Extended forecast: Tuesday, mostly cloudy. Highs around 51. Tuesday night, partly cloudy. Lows around 35. Wednesday, a 40 percent chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 51. Wednesday night, rain showers likely in the evening, then rain showers, possibly mixed with snow overnight. Lows around 36. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Thursday, rain showers, possibly mixed with snow in the morning, then rain showers likely in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs around 45. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Thursday night, cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow. Lows around 34. Friday and friday night, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers, possibly mixed with snow. Highs around 46. Lows around 31. Saturday, partly cloudy. Highs around 47.

Lake Superior: Today, Northeast wind less than 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon, then backing north late. Partly cloudy. Waves building to 2 to 3 feet. Tonight, North wind 5 to 15 knots. Clear. Waves 2 to 3 feet. Monday, Northwest wind less than 10 knots through early afternoon becoming variable. Mostly sunny. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Saturday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 32 degrees, 5 degrees below normal. The high Saturday was 34 degrees and the overnight low was 29 degrees.

Precipitation: Saturday, .03 inches. Year to date, 12 inches. Normal to date, 8.98 inches.

Snowfall: Saturday, .6 inches. Season to date, 221.7 inches. Normal to date, 196.1 inches.

Sunset: 8:36 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:05 a.m. Monday.